Abby Grossberg v. Fox News Corp., Tucker Carlson, et. al
Personal Statement by Gerry Filippatos
“On behalf of my team par excellence of dedicated employment law litigators – Tanvir Rahman, Kimberly Catala, Lisa Skruck, and Loris Baechi – I am proud to announce the complete settlement of Abby Grossberg’s claims against Fox News, Tucker Carlson, et al., as reflected in the two actions she filed in the Federal District Court of the Southern District of New York and the Delaware State Superior Court. Both cases have now been discontinued with prejudice pursuant to a payment from Fox News to Ms. Grossberg in the amount of Twelve Million Dollars $12,000,000.
While I personally looked forward to litigating these cases on behalf of Abby, I refer you to her statements below, which explain her decision to resolve her cases against Fox News, Tucker Carlson, et al., at this time. It has been the honor of my career to serve as Abby’s attorney over the past year – a more courageous and honest person, skilled and devoted journalist, and fierce advocate for justice I have never met. I am certain that we will hear much from Abby in the future once she has taken some much-needed personal time to process the momentous events in her life over the past few years.”
Personal Statement by Abby Grossberg
“While I stand by my publicly filed claims and allegations, in light of today’s settlement of $12 million, pursuant to which I have now withdrawn those claims, I am heartened that Fox News has taken me and my legal claims seriously. I am hopeful, based on our discussions with Fox News today, that this resolution represents a positive step by the Network regarding its treatment of women and minorities in the workplace.
I will not comment further on my publicly filed disputes with Fox, but will continue to speak out on issues and causes that I believe in, including journalism, equality, dignity, and respect in the workplace.”
In The Media
New York Times
Fox News has agreed to pay $12 million to Abby Grossberg, a former producer at the news station. Represented by Parisis “Gerry” Filippatos and the team at Filippatos PLLC, Grossberg accused the network of operating a hostile and discriminatory workplace and of coercing her into providing false testimony in a deposition in two separate lawsuits. With the settlement, Grossberg has concluded all her claims against Fox and any other defendants named in her lawsuits.
Fox News paid former producer Abby Grossberg a $12 million settlement after she accused the network of tolerating a a hostile work environment during her time working for Tucker Carlson’s show.
Attorney Parisis “Gerry” Filippatos represented Grossberg in her lawsuits against Fox News. Grossberg provided a statement to the Washington Post after the settlement was announced on June 30, saying she is grateful the network took her claims seriously, and that she’s hopeful the settlement is a positive step by the network in its treatment of women and minorities in the workplace.
Attorney Parisis “Gerry” Filippatos represented Abby Grossberg in her lawsuits against the Fox News Network. He announced the network agreed to a $12 million settlement, and Grossberg would conclude all of her claims against the defendants listed in her lawsuits.
Fox News paid $12 million on June 30 in a settlement with a former producer who claimed the network operated a hostile and discriminatory workplace. Attorneys Parisis “Gerry” Filippatos and Tanvir Rahman represented Abby Grossberg in her lawsuits against the network. Rahman released a statement to NPR from Grossberg, in which she said she is hopeful the resolution “represents a positive step by the Network regarding its treatment of women and minorities in the workplace.”
Attorney Tanvir Rahman, with Filippatos PLLC, told Reuters that Fox News agreed to pay Abby Grossberg $12 million to settle her lawsuit against the network. A former producer, she alleged the network operated a hostile and discriminatory workplace. In a statement, Grossberg said she’s hopeful the settlement is a positive step for the network in its treatment of women and minorities in the workplace.
Fox News has agreed to pay $12 million to Abby Grossberg to settle her lawsuits against the network. Grossberg was represented by Attorney Parisis “Gerry” Filippatos and Filippatos PLLC in her lawsuits alleging Fox tolerated a hostile work environment and that its lawyers pressured Grossberg to lie during a separate defamation lawsuit against the network. Filippatos told CBS News that the settlement resolves claims filed against Fox News, its parent company, former host Tucker Carlson, and the network’s attorneys
MSNBC: Deadline Whitehouse Abby Grossberg Interview
Abby Grossberg appeared on MSNBC to discuss her experience working at Fox News and why she decided to pursue a lawsuit alleging the network created a hostile and discriminatory workplace. Grossberg shared details of what she experienced working for the Tucker Carlson show and how she felt after he was fired from the network.
MSNBC: Deadline Whitehouse Gerry Filippatos Interview
Lead counsel Parisis “Gerry” Filippatos in an interview with MSNBC’S Nicole Wallace discussing his representation of Abby Grossberg, a former producer at Fox News, in her lawsuits against the network. Ms. Grossberg alleged the network’s attorneys urged her to falsify testimony in a defamation lawsuit against Fox News, and that there was a hostile work environment. Filippatos speaks about how his client’s efforts affected the outcome of the Dominion Voting Systems case.
Anderson Cooper 360
Filippatos discusses Ms. Grossberg’s experience during her time at the Tucker Carlson Show, and the evidence she submitted in the Dominion Voting System’s defamation case against Fox News.
CNN: Erin Burnett OutFront
Attorney Parisis G. (“Gerry”) Filippatos appeared on Erin Burnett OutFront, discussing his client Abby Grossberg’s allegations against Fox News. Ms. Grossberg, ex-producer on Tucker Carlson Tonight, alleges she was coerced by Fox’s attorneys to give misleading testimony in the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit. She also alleges experiencing rampant sexism, misogyny, and gender discrimination during her time at the network.
Media Mentions Continued
- New York Times – Fox News Agrees to Pay $12 Million to Settle Hostile Workplace Suit
- NPR – Fox pays $12 million to resolve suit alleging bias at Tucker Carlson’s show
- Daily Beast – Fox News Settles Bombshell Lawsuit With Ex-Tucker Carlson Producer for $12 Million
- CBS News – Fox News agrees to pay $12 million to settle lawsuits from former producer Abby Grossberg
- NBC News – Fox News settles fired producer Abby Grossberg’s lawsuit for $12 million
- Daily Mail – Fired Tucker Carlson producer Abby Grossberg gets $12 MILLION payday after suing Fox News
- The Hollywood Reporter – Fox News Settles Lawsuit From Former Tucker Carlson Producer for $12M
- Reuters – Fox settles lawsuit with fired former producer for $12 million
- Daily News – Fox News to pay $12M settlement to former producer Abby Grossberg in hostile workplace suit
- CNN – Fox News to pay $12 million to former producer who accused the network of rampant sexism
- The Washington Post – Fox News settles suit by Tucker Carlson’s former booker for $12 million
- The Guardian – Fox News settles gender discrimination lawsuit with Abby Grossberg for $12m
- CNBC – Fox News to pay $12 million to settle fired producer Abby Grossberg’s lawsuit
- Los Angeles Times – Fox News settles for $12 million with ex-producer who alleged intimidation during Dominion suit
- Radar – Fired Tucker Carlson Producer’s Massive Payday: Abby Grossberg Gets 8-Figure Settlement in Fox News Lawsuit
- MarketWatch – Fox News said to have settled with Tucker Carlson producer for $12 million
- Forbes – Ex-Tucker Carlson Producer Settles Harassment Suit For $12 Million
- Axios – Fox News agrees to $12 million settlement with former Tucker Carlson producer
- Meaww – Abby Grossberg: Fox News settles harassment lawsuit for $12M with fired producer who sued Tucker Carlson
- Law360 – Fox Inks $12M Deal In Ex-Producer’s Hostile Workplace Suits
- The Dailywire – Fox News Settles For $12 Million With Former Tucker Carlson Producer
- One America News – Fox News Settles With Former Producer Abby Grossberg
- National Review – Fox News Settles Lawsuits with Ex-Tucker Carlson Producer for $12 Million
- RollingStone – Fox News Settles With Former Tucker Carlson Producer for $12 Million
- Politico – Fox News settles lawsuit with Tucker Carlson producer for $12M
- Variety – Fox News Settles Grossberg Harassment Lawsuit for $12 Million
- Insider – Fox News agrees to pay $12 million to settle ex-producer’s lawsuit alleging ‘sexist’ work environment