Other Practice Areas
New York Wage Theft Lawyers
Filippatos PLLC fights to ensure all workers are paid the compensation they’ve earned and are entitled to in the law.
If you believe you have been the victim of wage theft or hour violations, schedule a free consultation with us.888-9-JOBLAW
What is Wage Theft?
Every employee has the right to fair compensation. Employees can hold their employers accountable with the help of a knowledgeable wage theft lawyer.
Some employers may attempt to withhold pay, keep paying under minimum wage, or find ways to limit their expenses to boost their profits.
However, some employers choose to underpay their workers, and although these illegal practices may save some money, it is incredibly unfair to their laborers.
Some common wage theft claims include:
- Unpaid Minimum wage: workers are guaranteed a minimum amount of money for their work.
- Unpaid overtime: Qualified employees may earn money for the work they do beyond their regular 40-hour week for an agreed upon amount. OT pay is typically more than their standard hourly rate, so employers are often reluctant to pay for the extra work. You could have a case if your employer is not paying you for your extra work
- Overtime misclassification: Some employers may work to save on costs by exempting qualifying employees from overtime considerations. That means you could be doing extra work without the benefit of getting OT pay, which means you could have a wage theft case
- Unlawful tip practices: Several industries supplement their workers’ wages with tips. However, some employers don’t distribute tips to their workers or they outright steal them. If your boss is taking tips illegally, you might have a case
- Unpaid earned commissions or bonuses: Like tipping, some industries will supplement wages with bonuses or commissions for employees who have earned or completed sales. However, employers have been known to cut or keep commissions from the worker who earned them. If this has happened to you, you could have a case
Our team of experienced attorneys handles a variety of wage and hour violation claims, including:
- Donning & Doffing violations
- Independent Contractor Misclassification
- Meal & Rest Break Violation
- “Off-the-Clock” Work Violations
- Prevailing Wage Violations
- Unlawful Retaliation for Complaining About Wage Theft
- Improper Time Shaving
- Tip Theft
- Uniform Purchase and Maintenance Claims
- Unlawful Wage Deductions
A New York Wage Theft Lawyer Can Help
Filippatos PLLC fights to ensure that workers are paid all the compensation they have earned and are entitled to under the law. We routinely represent groups of workers who have all suffered similar types of wage theft by the same employer in complex class and collective actions.
If you are dealing with an issue regarding wage and hour violations, Filippatos PLLC’s team of experienced wage theft attorneys is ready to hear your claim and help you secure justice. We can use precedent from prior cases to establish your employer’s illegal activity and investigate to gather evidence to build your case.
Filippatos PLLC is Dedicated to Protecting You Against Wage & Hour Violations
If you are seeking consultation regarding wage and hour violations, please do not hesitate to contact us. We practice in New York, including the Greater Tri-State area of New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as Florida.
At Filippatos PLLC, we believe all individuals—from factory workers to boardroom executives—are entitled to dignity and respect. Our team of experienced wage theft lawyers will fight hard to secure you the justice you deserve.
We are committed to finding a compassionate, innovative, and successful solution that is right for you.